Wednesday, February 16, 2005

rejections

tomorrow will be my tenth interview so far...yeah....i'm tired! anyway....the first two rejections rolled in today...pfizer up in NYC and Womble in ATL....i figure by doing ten interviews i can play the odds...and land at least one job...maybe not....

so then being the Type A personality that i am...i stay up until the wee hours over analyzing the situation...what could it be? i wasn't enthusiastic enough...that handshake wasn't too firm...or maybe it was wayyyy too firm....this moves on to....they're racist...yeah that's it....law firms in ATL still can't dig the brown man...but then reality sets in - i just didn't cut it...try again...better luck next time.

well...try i will...i gotta do something productive this summer...my goal is not to get a single loan thru law school...so far i'm doing fine by living off of my savings from the past few years...but when you don't have a steady paycheck...the bank balance doesn't stay in the black for too long...hopefully i'll land something....

tomorrow is my callback interview with nelson mullins...i hope i do well cuz they're a great firm...wish me luck...

other than that...not much else going on...came home today...saw mom and just chilled with her for a while...then ironed my suit and got my things ready for tomorrow...can't believe i forgot my portfolio in athens...now i'm gonna have to go to o'max and buy a new one (maybe i can return it after the interview...hahaha...)...after that...perhaps shop for a new suit - then again do i need another one if i don't make it past the first interview!! ok ok...stop being a pessimist....and gotta work on my brief and stuff...

so...the next few weeks are gonna be hell....i'm gonna pray to saraswati (Indian Godess of Education) to send a few callbacks my way...till then...laterz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home