Monday, April 11, 2005

Golf. Fun?

ok...so yesterday...i was minding my business outlining for property and dix calls me up to come outline and watch baseball + golf with him...now...for most of you who know me...baseball bores the crap out of me (unless i'm playing)....and visits to Turner Field have been mainly to enjoy the shenanigans...not to see the game...i mean you can't totally yell at me for not loving america's favorite game - i was at turner field's largest attendance ever (Trivia: name the day that happened...answer coming soon)...anyway...so watching baseball sux royally...but nowhere in comparison does it suck as much as watching golf does...i mean to me - watching golf is like watching grass grow...i would rather watch C-SPAN...ok...now you're getting the idea....so when dix calls me...and pitches this wonderful afternoon "play date"...what do i do? i run right over...makes no sense..i know...but read on

so we're outlining...and then golf comes on at 3...tiger woods apparently is on some roll which is supposed to make everything exciting...i was like YAWN...property is more riveting...but then something weird happened...i got into the game...i stopped paying attention to leaseholds and started yelling at tiger not to hit it in the second cut (yes, i know what the second cut is now)...later i went home and stayed glued to the TV...and at the 16th hole...i jumped up in the couch when tiger made that crazy shot...and i cheered at the play-off winning putt...i...became...a...FAN.

so...all of a sudden...this one game is making me re-think if my abhorrance of golf is justified...i started asking my room-mate where i can buy a used lefty driver so i can practice at the range...between this game and countless meals with law firms where they keep asking my handicap (at first i wanted to tell them that i'm perfectly fine and have all my limbs)...i think i might take up golf...we'll see...this summer...it just might be fun.

ok...gotta turn in...been a long day...school...studyin...swimmin...sleep!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home